This Pichi Potta shredded roast chicken curry recipe is a wonderful and tasty use for left-over roast chicken. Perfect for a midweek curry night. And ready in 30 minutes! This is one of our favourite dishes and best served with home-made garlic naan and a cucumber raita.
500g left-over shredded roast chicken (either fresh or defrosted if frozen)
2 onions sliced
2 green chillies sliced
3 large tomatoes sliced or can of whole plum tomatoes chopped
Handful curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1 cup reduced chicken stock
1 tsp red chilli powder (half paprika and half cayenne pepper)
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp black pepper ground
Fresh coriander chopped (more to garnish)
1. Slice onion and chillies
2. Heat oil in a pan and add onion and chilli slices
3. Add curry leaves and keep stirring till onion starts to brown
4. Add ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2-3mins
5. Add tomato slices or chopped tomatoes and mix well
6. Add Salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well
7. Add garam masala and mix well
8. Add shredded chicken pieces to onion mix and mix well (try to keep some texture to the shredded chicken by keeping some larger chunks intact)
9. Now add the reduced chicken stock and let the pan come back up to temperature
10. Sprinkle coriander and mix well
11. Simmer on low heat until you reach desired consistency
12. Remove from heat
13. Check seasoning and add lemon / lime juice to enhance the flavour (optional)
14. Serve with garlic naan, cucumber raita and even rice and popadoms!
Pichi Potta Shredded Roast Chicken Curry recipe inspiration from Sailaja Edamakanti in Hyderabad .
We love indulging our guests in gourmet getaway experiences and we hope to one day have you at the umSisi table!