We have been promising to post a flatbread recipe, so it is time for us to share our super quick and easy gluten-free flatbread recipe with you! These flatbreads are the perfect accompaniment to the spicy dahl, fasolia and shredded roast chicken curry recipes that we have already posted on the website. Give them a go and we hope that you will be pleasantly surprised!
1 cup full-fat greek yogurt (285 g)
2 cups gluten-free flour blend, plus more for flouring (250 g)
2 teaspoons baking powder
salt, as desired
1. In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, and salt until a dough forms (do not knead gluten-free flour!)
2. Transfer the dough to a lightly-floured surface and flatten into an 8-inch (20 cm) disk.
3. Cut the disk into 4 equal parts and flatten each part to about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick.
4. Very carefully transfer the dough pieces to a nonstick pan preheated over medium heat.
5. Cook each side of the flatbread until well browned.
6. Eat plain or brush with garlic and herb butter for added yumminess
This recipe for gluten-free flatbreads inspiration comes from Tasty.co and the photo is from Gluten Free on A Shoestring.
We love indulging our guests in gourmet getaway experiences and we hope to one day have you at the umSisi table!