At umSisi House, we offer a choice of safaris to appeal to every age group. We are located only 20 minutes from the gates of the Kruger National Park and can arrange private day safaris to Africa's most famous game reserve.
Numbi Gate is the original entrance into the Kruger National Park and is the closest gate to umSisi House. Phabeni and Paul Kruger gates are also within easy driving distance allowing access to different eco-systems within the park and affording to chance to see a wider variety of game. Private day safaris arranged from umSisi House normally enter the Kruger Park at Numbi Gate which is located in the south-western section of the park. Here the higher altitude provides sweeping views over the Lowveld to the east and granite foothills to the north and south. This area receives high rainfall and thus allows for a high diversity of plant and animal species.
The park boasts 147 species of mammals, 507 bird species, 114 reptile species, 34 amphibian species, 49 fish species and approximately 336 tree species within 4,5 million acres (2 million hectares) of natural bush, so you are sure to see a wide variety of wildlife in the Kruger Park.
Arranging a series of private day safaris from umSisi House is the easiest way to enjoy the Kruger Park with your family and friends from the comfort and luxury of your exclusive African villa.
Kruger Safaris never disappoint, and with umSisi House arranging your private day safaris, you can sit back, relax and save your energy for spotting the big five!
We have teamed up with local operators, and their experienced guides, to provide you with the option of exploring the Kruger Park in open game viewing vehicles on your private day safari. These vehicles are hired on a daily basis and the guides are trained to identify everything from the smallest dung beetle to the great African Elephant. Due to our close proximity to Numbi Gate you can choose from the following:
- Full day game viewing experience with bush breakfast and gourmet picnic hamper enjoyed in the Kruger Park.
- Early morning game-drive with bush breakfast, returning to umSisi House for lunch and an afternoon relaxing in your African villa.
- Morning at umSisi House, departing on an afternoon game-drive, returning to umSisi House for dinner.
- Early morning game-drive with bush breakfast returning to umSisi House for lunch, then back to the park for the rest of the afternoon (in which case you will need to pay the conservation levies twice!)
- Night-drives and walking trails can also be arranged upon request although these activities do have a minimum age restriction.
- Alternatively, you can arrange your own trips and explore the Kruger National Park in your own vehicle (we call this a self-drive safari) and we will supply local area information and assist with route planning. umSisi House can supply picnic hampers on request.
Please contact us directly for a quotation. Our rates include your own private safari vehicle, experienced guide, drop off and collection from umSisi House, daily conservation levies, bottled water, gourmet picnic hamper and blankets to keep you warm when necessary. Please be advised that if entering the Kruger National Park in your own vehicle the daily conservation levy for international visitors is R372 per adult and R186 per child (under 12 years old). SA residents pay R93 per adult and R47 per child.
These rates are for 1 November 2018 until 31 October 2019. Please note that there are no discounts for children in private safari vehicles. You will need to bring your passports or ID books with you when visiting the park.
What to Bring on your Day Safari
- Sun block, sun hat, sunglasses and lip balm
- Binoculars, cameras, memory cards and charged batteries
- A small amount of money for conservation levy (if self-driving), any shopping in the park and to tip your guide (at your discretion)
- Reference books (which we will supply)