umSisi Cottage offers upmarket self-catering accommodation near the Kruger National Park. Located in the Peebles Valley, close to White River, in Mpumalanga, umSisi Cottage provides an ideal base for small groups (4 people in total) of friends and family wishing to explore the Kruger Lowveld region.
The cottage is based in the grounds of umSisi House and provides unbeatable access to the Kruger National Park via the Numbi Gate entrance (only 20 minutes away), the Panorama Route and all the adventure activities in the Lowveld area.
At umSisi Cottage, you are perfectly situated to explore the game reserve as well as the original home of Jock of the Bushveld as we are located within the Jock of the Bushveld Conservancy. This exquisite location offers guests panoramic views of their immediate surroundings.
To the south is Legogote (an imposing granite monolith known locally as the “Sentinel of the Lowveld”) while to the west beautiful rock gardens lead to 10 kilometres of walking trails in the mountains behind. The northerly view encompasses rolling farmland while the view to the east couldn’t be more different and guests at umSisi Cottage will be enchanted by scenes of an African village slowly creeping down the valley. This is Masoyi.
The Umsisi Cottage Experience
The luxury self-catering cottage is exceptionally private with its own entrance, covered veranda with exceptional views, TV with DSTV family package, functional kitchen, braai (BBQ) and covered parking. It offers 2 bedrooms sharing a bathroom with a double shower.
Accommodation options include a double room and a twin room with two singles or a double room and a king room. The double room is our primary bedroom. Please notify us in advance as to what your requirements are. There is also a travel cot available upon request as well as a high chair.
For your convenience, all linen, towels, cooking utensils, basic pantry ingredients and a daily maid service are included while picnic hampers and delicious home-cooked evening meals can be provided upon request (with 48 hours prior notice if there are no guests at umSisi House).
At umSisi Cottage, we are privileged to offer a destination that truly embraces the essence of Africa – its people, its wild places and its wildlife.
umSisi Cottage offers the following unique features:
- A collection of natural science reference books covering all of the region’s wildlife as well as guide books and maps of the surrounding area
- A library of reading material to suit all tastes and a few board games for your entertainment
- A speaker system for your music (line in required)
- TV with DSTV Family Package and free WiFi
- Excellent security featuring a state-of-the-art shutter system
- Picnic hampers and home-cooked evening meals available upon request (with 48 hours prior notice if there are no guests at umSisi House)
- Daily maid service
- Laundry service at the main house for a small extra charge
- Use of our walking trails upon prior arrangement
- Use of swimming pool and grounds ONLY when the main house is unoccupied or house guests are off the property