umSisi House is a Lowveld country house villa inviting you to be ‘At Home in Africa’ in a beautiful and totally private setting with your friends and family. We offer an exclusive-use, luxury accommodation solution for private groups of between 2 and 10 people looking to explore South Africa’s Kruger Lowveld region.
Set in 60 hectares of pristine bush, within the Jock of the Bushveld Conservancy, umSisi House is strategically located in the Peebles Valley between the town of White River and the Numbi Gate entrance to the southern Kruger Park (20 minutes away). umSisi House is the perfect destination for small groups wishing to visit the Kruger National Park, the Panorama Route and enjoy the many adventure activities available in the immediate area.
umSisi House sleeps six people in three ensuite bedrooms. For larger groups we can accommodate an additional four people in our cottage which is just 50 meters away from the house. We require a minimum of 2 people to process a booking at umSisi House in our low season and a minimum of 4 people to process a booking in our high and peak seasons. We offer a choice of rates to include dinner, bed and breakfast and fully inclusive as well as bespoke menus to ensure that the dining experience is one of the highlights of your stay. You are also able to rent umSisi House as a self-catering private villa if that is your preference.
Our luxury accommodation rivals that of any hotel, lodge or guest house in the Kruger Lowveld region. The design and decor of umSisi House is stylishly African; a combination of classic English and contemporary African chic with an international flair to meet the expectations of a well-travelled clientele. At umSisi House we offer a personal service that only a very small, privately owned and managed, five-star, country house can provide. A stay at umSisi is all about the small touches from the special ‘pieces’ positioned throughout the house to our attention to detail and care for our guests while they are with us.
umSisi House is so much more than just another safari destination! Here we focus on promoting the Lowveld lifestyle – the weather, the beauty, the proximity to nature and the wonderful ambience of Africa itself. The umSisi House experience has been created to offer exceptional comfort, all modern amenities, outstanding home-cooked meals boasting local seasonal produce, access to community projects, beautiful rock gardens, 10 kilometres of mountain hiking trails, endless grounds, secret hideaways and the opportunity to create timeless memories.
umSisi House offers the following unique features:
- Three ensuite bedrooms (master suite with dressing room) in the house
- Separate cottage with two bedrooms sharing a double shower room for larger groups requiring additional accommodation
- A swimming pool heated by the sun, surrounded by sun loungers and an umbrella for those seeking shade
- A vast covered veranda with dining area and charcoal-fired oven / barbecue / braai, comfortable plantation furniture and a day bed for those lazy afternoons
- A choice of rates to include dinner, bed and breakfast and fully inclusive and bespoke menus planned in advance to ensure the dining experience is one of the highlights of your stay
- Colonial paddle fans in all rooms and on the veranda to fight off the African heat
- A fireplace in the sitting room and heating throughout for those chilly winter nights when the skies are icy blue
- Luxuriously appointed bathrooms all with large showers, deep baths and wonderful views of the surrounding mountains
- A Jacuzzi in the rock garden to help you unwind before dinner after a day’s game viewing
- A soon-to-be indigenous forest, beautiful gardens, mountain trails and exceptional views of Legogote Mountain (an imposing granite monolith known locally as the “Sentinel of the Lowveld”)
- Free WiFi (this is farm 3G, so no live streaming!)
- A wide selection of books and other reading material in the Library (which doubles as the TV Room) including a collection of natural science reference books covering all of the region’s wildlife as well as guide books and maps of the surrounding area. These are available for your use when exploring the Kruger National Park
- A TV Room for those rainy days or times when you feel the need to catch up with the outside world offering satellite TV with an HD decoder / recorder, DVD player and a large collection of movies
- A selection of games and puzzles
- Speakers in all the entertainment areas allowing you to connect your music to our system
- Complete wheel-chair access to ensure that everybody who wants to experience umSisi House can
- A wonderful team of staff to ensure that your stay is hassle-free and packed with memories to take home.
- A booking service for all your local activities and safaris