umSisi House is a luxury Lowveld country house villa and gourmet getaway inviting you to be ‘At Home in Africa’ with us in a beautiful and totally private setting with your friends and family. We specialise as a Kruger National Park Villa and offer exclusive-use accommodation for private groups of up to 10 people.
umSisi House sleeps 6 people in three ensuite bedrooms. For larger groups we can accommodate an additional 4 people in our cottage, which is just 50 metres away from the house.
The umSisi House Experience
Our luxury accommodation rivals that of any hotel, lodge, resort or guest house in Kruger. The design and decor of the 5-star private villa is stylishly African; a combination of classic English and contemporary African chic with an international flair to meet the expectations of a well-travelled clientele.
At umSisi House we offer a personal service that only a privately managed, luxury country house can provide. A stay at umSisi is all about the small touches from the special ‘pieces’ positioned throughout the house to our attention to detail and care for our guests while they are with us.
umSisi House is so much more than just another safari destination! Here we focus on promoting the Lowveld lifestyle – the weather, the beauty, the proximity to nature and the wonderful ambience of Africa itself.
The umSisi House experience has been created to offer exceptional comfort, all modern amenities, outstanding home-cooked meals boasting local seasonal produce, access to community projects, beautiful rock gardens, 10 kilometres of mountain hiking trails, endless grounds, secret hideaways and the opportunity to create timeless memories.
We also offer our guests a variety of accommodation specials and packages.
umSisi House offers the following unique features:
- Three ensuite bedrooms (master suite with dressing room) in the house
- Separate cottage with two bedrooms sharing a double shower room for larger groups requiring additional accommodation
- A swimming pool heated by the sun, surrounded by sun loungers and an umbrella for those seeking shade
- A vast covered veranda with dining area and charcoal-fired oven / barbecue / braai, comfortable plantation furniture and a day bed for those lazy afternoons
- A choice of rates to include dinner, bed and breakfast and fully inclusive and bespoke menus planned in advance to ensure an unforgettable dining experience
- Colonial paddle fans in all rooms and on the veranda to fight off the African heat
- A fireplace in the sitting room and heating throughout for those chilly winter nights when the skies are icy blue
- Luxuriously appointed bathrooms all with large showers, deep baths and wonderful views of the surrounding mountains
- A Jacuzzi in the rock garden to help you unwind before dinner after a day’s game viewing
- A soon-to-be indigenous forest, beautiful gardens, mountain trails and exceptional views of Legogote Mountain (an imposing granite monolith known locally as the “Sentinel of the Lowveld”)
- Free WiFi (this is farm 3G, so no live streaming!)
- A wide selection of books and other reading material in the Library (which doubles as the TV Room) including a collection of natural science reference books covering all of the region’s wildlife as well as guide books and maps of the surrounding area. These are available for your use when exploring the Kruger National Park
- A TV Room for those rainy days or times when you feel the need to catch up with the outside world offering satellite TV with an HD decoder / recorder, DVD player and a large collection of movies
- A selection of games and puzzles
- Speakers in all the entertainment areas allowing you to connect your music to our system
- Complete wheel-chair access to ensure that everybody who wants to experience umSisi House can
- A wonderful team of staff to ensure that your stay is hassle-free and packed with memories to take home.
- A booking service for all your local activities and safaris